If I Were Blind

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains."
New International Bible Version (©1984)


If I were blind

If I were blind, became blinded and struck out by an unknown force,
I could still see my eyes ever if they were blood shot, and closed.
I'd hope,
If I were blind I could see the people,
their cars,
and all the life that's happening outside
my very thick thick walls...

If I were blind I could probably see
and know things;
You know those things we, people, hide from everyone.
If I were totally blind
I maybe see more than anyone else, even if I were blind
because I would see far from a fake smile
far more than a simply nice face_people's deceitful masks_
I would read those stares,
I would read hands and palms
with my darkened eyes.
I could see trough and throughout
the hypocrisy of all.

If I were blinded, If I ever became blind,
I could easily hear and see it all,
even if my small eyes were shut.
And now walking in the dark
I could still see the lights with my closed eyes...
I could survive.
I would see more than what I see now,
I could see behind people's lies,
their pain, their sorrows, and the dark or bright story of their lives...

If I were blind "I would probably burn myself, just to cook a can of soup".
But, I know I would survive. And every little accomplishment would become a triumph."
I believe I could still live my life, as normal as I could, even if I were blind.

copyrighted 2009-2011 Evelyn Lallave-Rodriguez

Comments

Popular Posts