Working on my next book

Hi, thank you for stopping by. There's very good news for me today. My next book is almost finished and soon to be available for sale online and in- stores as well. This book titled Poemas de Eva Luna is the Spanish version of my 1st book, Collection of Poetry; Grieving.

More details here!. SOON!!!


Loves,

Evy

Something about Me:

Hi.

I'm going to start by saying something about me, but since this site is visited by friends mostly, there is not much to say. But here goes nothing.
Well, to start, I was born in Brooklyn, New York. I was raised in the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, by my late mother. I moved to FL. at the age of 19. My mother was from Puerto Rico, and my father, well, can’t really say because I am not sure what it was but I know I got my skin color from him and some of my non white features.

He, my father, had always being a mystery to me, but to be honest I really have seen his face, each time I see myself in the mirror, or when I remember/ dream of us talking at the age of three, before he left us... But that's life...Filled with Love, Pain, & a lot of things to overcome…


One of my recent poems:

Wondering

I lived most of my life wondering
of how many other roads
destiny had saved for me,
roads that maybe
in another life
I will walk and live.

However, here I am,
not to far from where I was conceived,
speaking, at least,
one of the languages
I was destined to speak.

At this age I am
still wondering
what if there is
something more,
what if he comes one day,
walking out of one of my dreams,
and grabs me by the hand
and takes me away with him ,
to India, his country I believe,
and teach me to pray to Buddha
or Shiva instead.

And teach me his own language,
teach me to read Sanskrit,
or at least read to me
one of his ancestors’ stories
before I fell asleep.

I wonder if I would've being poor or rich,
who my grandparents where,
and if he ever loved
or least loved my mother
like she always loved him,
till her last breath.

That's my whole life,
with a past I never lived.

This is me.
A dreamer. A wonderer.
Remembering each night
hundreds of nonsense.
Dreaming. Wondering.

Blogger.com
Eva-Luna (Evy)

Comments

Popular Posts