POETRY, PHOTOS, ARTS & FOOD, ANOTHER FORM OF ART
In the last few yrs. I've been experimenting with different forms of arts. I write poetry since I was a child, winning my 1st poetry concert on Valentine's Day when I was only 11 yrs. old, at a school contest :). Later as an adult I entered one more contest. I did not win but I was selected as a semi-finalist with my poem "Silence".
So all of these years I've kept my writings to myself and just few friends and families where allowed to see the product of my many hrs. of writing, lack of sleep, and my hard work, and mental sweat too. Then I moved on into novels and stories, then drawing, painting, and taking photographs. All this as hobbie. Now I'm getting interested, with all the free time I have, all of this things again, adding one more hobbie to the list that I've perfectioned over the years and this is cooking.
I'm not a fan of cooking really, but I always has a good hand for it, and an excellent taste. So I'm going to share that also and have you try my recipes and tell me how they work for you once you intend to recreate them yourself.
One tip, before you decide to try to do any of these recipes keep in mind that there will be a lot of different stong hot flavors involved, but you can always skip one ingredient or two or simply change it for an ingredient you like best. Food and its ingredients are like colors on a palette, you can mix them, blend them
twick them until you get the result you want. And that's why I love about food the final artistic delicious and inviting result.
Buon Appetite!
Evelyn
Today's Recipe
Salmon a La Vinagrette w/ Picadilly Sause
1 pound of Salmon Fillet, fully thawed
1/2 stick salted or unsulted butter melted
(1 tablespoon of lemon juice, optional)
Salsa Ingredients:
1 red or green pepper
1/2 cup chopped/minced onions
1/2 cup diced pinnaple (unsweetened)
1/3 cup minced gherkins (pickling cucumbers)
3 tablespoon of minced cilantro or parsley
(minced oregano, optional, or as subsitute for the cilantro and parsley)
2 tablespoons of vinegar
salt, garlic powder, & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive or butter
Combine all the salsa ingredients in a pan, sawte with oil or butter until pepper and onion are soft, then place them in a bowl and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
(Cooking Salmon in the oven)
Preheat oven 375 degrees
pour half of the butter into an oven safe pan. Add the Salmon already seasoned with salt and pepper, pour the tablespoon of lemon juice over it and the remaining butter on top. Bake for 7 minutes. Do not turn serve with pan juices and top with the picadilly salsa.
Side dish: White rice soft and well cooked, and few slices of avocado to give it that spanish-californian flavor.
(Cooking Salmon in a pan)
Pour a bit of vinegar, and water over the pan and butter and preheat for few min.
Place the salmon fillets already season with the salt and pepper inside the pan let it cook until it boils and salmon is fully cooked. Turning salmon over pour the picadilly salsa over it and let it cook few more min. Total 10-15 min. You can add lemon juice and garlic salt for additional flavor, but not to much, the idea is to give it that soft out of the sea flavor. Serve warm over white rice and avocado on the side.
So all of these years I've kept my writings to myself and just few friends and families where allowed to see the product of my many hrs. of writing, lack of sleep, and my hard work, and mental sweat too. Then I moved on into novels and stories, then drawing, painting, and taking photographs. All this as hobbie. Now I'm getting interested, with all the free time I have, all of this things again, adding one more hobbie to the list that I've perfectioned over the years and this is cooking.
I'm not a fan of cooking really, but I always has a good hand for it, and an excellent taste. So I'm going to share that also and have you try my recipes and tell me how they work for you once you intend to recreate them yourself.
One tip, before you decide to try to do any of these recipes keep in mind that there will be a lot of different stong hot flavors involved, but you can always skip one ingredient or two or simply change it for an ingredient you like best. Food and its ingredients are like colors on a palette, you can mix them, blend them
twick them until you get the result you want. And that's why I love about food the final artistic delicious and inviting result.
Buon Appetite!
Evelyn
Today's Recipe
Salmon a La Vinagrette w/ Picadilly Sause
1 pound of Salmon Fillet, fully thawed
1/2 stick salted or unsulted butter melted
(1 tablespoon of lemon juice, optional)
Salsa Ingredients:
1 red or green pepper
1/2 cup chopped/minced onions
1/2 cup diced pinnaple (unsweetened)
1/3 cup minced gherkins (pickling cucumbers)
3 tablespoon of minced cilantro or parsley
(minced oregano, optional, or as subsitute for the cilantro and parsley)
2 tablespoons of vinegar
salt, garlic powder, & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive or butter
Combine all the salsa ingredients in a pan, sawte with oil or butter until pepper and onion are soft, then place them in a bowl and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
(Cooking Salmon in the oven)
Preheat oven 375 degrees
pour half of the butter into an oven safe pan. Add the Salmon already seasoned with salt and pepper, pour the tablespoon of lemon juice over it and the remaining butter on top. Bake for 7 minutes. Do not turn serve with pan juices and top with the picadilly salsa.
Side dish: White rice soft and well cooked, and few slices of avocado to give it that spanish-californian flavor.
(Cooking Salmon in a pan)
Pour a bit of vinegar, and water over the pan and butter and preheat for few min.
Place the salmon fillets already season with the salt and pepper inside the pan let it cook until it boils and salmon is fully cooked. Turning salmon over pour the picadilly salsa over it and let it cook few more min. Total 10-15 min. You can add lemon juice and garlic salt for additional flavor, but not to much, the idea is to give it that soft out of the sea flavor. Serve warm over white rice and avocado on the side.

Comments